Sunday, June 7, 2009

Fox Hill Elementary

Fox Hill Elementary

For the past two years I have had the privilege of working as an elementary school guidance counselor at Fox Hill Elementary School. It has been a wonderful experience... mostly because I have fabulous and fun co-workers and incredible students. I LOVE what I do and I LOVE going to work everyday.

At the end of the year there always seems to be lots of things going on. One of the highlights is School Spirit week (which is this week), our spring celebration, and Field Day (which was Friday). I loved field day as a child and my enthusiasm for it has not faded. This was my 2nd year in charge of the water relay for the first graders. Last year it was about 40 degrees warmer than it was on Friday, but that didn't stop us from enjoying it!

I took these two pictures of the kids in their lines
cheering on their teammates as they race to
fill their bucket with water. I was the judge
and we always seemed to have "ties". Wonder why??!!

The BIG event of the day is the staff v. 5th grade
volleyball game. I was on Team HILL
(the others were TEAM FOX) and, of course,
the teachers won!! The kids did not stop cheering
the ENTIRE time. It was so loud in there,
but it was a lot of fun!!!

The entire school comes to watch.

1 comment:

Midwayedancer said...

So fun! I love working at an elementary school too.