Saturday, April 17, 2010

Take me out to the ball game!

So, it's not Boston... and definitely not the Red Sox, but today I went with my roommate and some friends to the Nationals V. Brewers game (both equally bad!) and the Nationals won!

There's just something about sitting in a baseball stadium on a beautiful, sunny afternoon. Relaxing, talking, seeing the crazy games played on the sidelines and projected on the big tv screen during breaks in the game, watching people drink beer after beer around you, and listening to their conversations too.... there's just something uniquely American about it!

Especially going to the stadium in our Nations capitol!
And, we had a fabulous view of the Washington Monument
from our seats. Just such a great reminder of where I am
and how lucky I am to be here!
My roommate, Becca, and I after singing
"Take me out to the ballgame"
during the 7th inning stretch!



No comments: