Sunday, May 18, 2014

Cherry Blossoms and DC

 This post is VERY overdue, but I couldn't resist posting a few of the pictures from April's Cherry Blossom Bloom in DC! It had been quite a winter and we weren't sure it was ever going to warm up, but it finally did and the long wait surely paid off! The blooms were incredible.

One Saturday morning, Amanda Telford and I braved the massive crowds and ran across the 14th street bridge and around the monuments. It was an incredible day and an experience I won't forget any time soon.... esp as I get ready to move from the area! One thing I will miss is the history and culture of this area. Our nation wasn't born in DC, but many, many great historical events have happened here over the years and many great leaders have lived and worked in this area so that I could enjoy the freedoms I currently have. I am so grateful for that and grateful for the beauty of the earth!

A couple of these pictures I snagged from friends... the ones in the sunshine mid-morning are mine, but I couldn't resist posting the others!






 


No comments: