Sunday, November 2, 2008

My Favorite Sunday of the Year

I LIVE for Sundays. I love that it is a day of rest. I don't even have to think about it. I just know that my activities that day will rejuvenate me and get me ready to face another week of mayhem.

But, one Sunday in the year I LOVE even more. The Sunday where you get to sleep in (technically, but not really). The Sunday where you're given that blessed extra hour. You didn't have to do anything to earn it. You just live it. It's one of the best gifts and blessings given to us :)

I won't easily forget the pure happiness I felt this morning as I lay awake, but still in bed, knowing that I had been given an hour. Could I have used it in a more productive way than just laying in bed - Sure, I could have, but man, it felt so good and I justified every single minute I laid there :) The sun was shining through. I was under my warm covers. It was pure heaven. Thank you Heavenly Father for simple, but truly cherished blessings like Daylight Savings Time. (We just won't think about what happens next April... maybe it just won't happen... there's always hope :)

No comments: