Saturday, December 27, 2008

It's Christmas!

I love this time of year. I love the white lights, the holiday music, the Christmas movies, the yummy food, the opportunity to hear from friends near and far... but most of all I love time that is spent with friends and family. In my previous post I talked a lot about "presence" instead of "presents"... and I haven't fully come to a conclusion on my performance in that department yet (!!) but I did want to post some pictures from the past few days and remark on how wonderful they really were!

My roommate and her boyfriend decorated our Christmas tree Thanksgiving weekend and they did a fabulous job. It was a wonderful addition to our apartment and added to the Christmas spirit!


I am so fortunate to live very close to my grandfather for many reasons, but one of them is because that means family comes to ME for the holidays (well, I like to think they come to me because I'm here... but really it's because he's here!) I don't have to travel anywhere... which is so nice, esp. because this year there were lots of problems with travel created by the weather! (see last post for one small example!)

There was a lot of talk about where to have Christmas dinner in the month of December in order to accommodate my grandfather best... but it didn't matter because he kept his tradition of spending Christmas in the hospital for the 2nd year in a row! He even went in on the same day as he did last year... but was released much sooner this year. So, yet again, our days were spent between the hospital and making holiday preparations for a Christmas dinner at my apartment!

We had fun spending time at two friends houses on Christmas eve... and then having my uncle and some close friends over for Christmas day dinner. (Which I would NOT have been able to do if it weren't for my mother!!) But, before everyone arrived my mom, brother and I took some pictures... and then after everyone arrived I completely forgot to take any pictures!
Evan and I

Evan... after everyone left.

Well, on Friday my grandfather was released from the hospital so there's nothing like getting released and then immediately driving an hour to a family party! We went to Holliston, MA to visit my other aunt and uncle and their two kids. It's hard to tell in this picture because I am bending down, but I am the shortest person in this picture and I don't consider myself a short person!
It was fun to be with family and friends and it has been so much fun to have my mom and my brother stay with me. Hopefully one year we can get my other brother and his family to join as well. That would be fantastic!!

I can't believe Christmas has come and gone. It goes so quickly, but it was truly wonderful and I still have another week before I report back to Fox Hill elementary! I'm off to PA for a few days... and the car ride will give me lots of time to think about this past year and decide on some of my new year resolutions... which may include a move from Boston??!! Can I resolve to do something like that? Hmmm.... that will be thoughts for another post. I know I can always move and go anywhere... but what makes the most sense and more importantly, what does the Lord want me to do... rather than what I tell HIM I want to do :)

No comments: