Sunday, September 16, 2012

Update: Let's simplify

So, I received a few questions to the recipe post on quinoa from a few days ago... and I also consulted with my step-mom (who was the one who made it for me this summer!) She passed on her recipe... which seems quite simple and possibly cheaper than buying all the veggies individually! I am a big fan of that and from having been a taste-tester... I know this is good!

Ingredients:
1 package of FarEast Taboule
1 juice from a whole lemon
1 or 2 tomatoes & cucumber
Lettuce
Quart of Julianne Salad (in the deli counter... mixture of squash/red onion, etc)
Veggies from the salad bar
1 can garbanzo beans
Sunflower seeds
Fat Free Italian Dressing

Directions:
Make the Taboule the night before and refrigerate overnight. Take the juice from the lemon and add it to the taboule the following morning. Chop the tomatoes/cucumber and chop up the Julianne Salad & veggies in to smaller pieces. Add these, along with the Garbanzo beans and sunflower seeds to the taboule. Coat with the dressing and mix together. Serve over lettuce.

Simple!! Like that
Very Tasty!! LOVE that!

No comments: