Sunday, February 10, 2013

Some things that bring me JOY recently :)

Some of the recent joy in my life has been from seeing pictures of my nieces, actually spending a week with my nephews in CO, and watching the kids I work for accomplish some pretty big things!

Here's a summary... Holland - In the snow for the first time! Just so happens it was during the NEMO Blizzard in Boston this past weekend. Not bad for a first-timer! Although I'd love to be with Holland, I was super glad to not be in Boston for this storm! 3 feet! My word!!

I love, love, love this picture of Evan and Mary.
Priceless
 Ava & Jed graduated to purple belt!
They worked long and hard for it!
 And, now to CO times with my nephews. I should have taken more pictures here, but we've had fun watching Riley play in his basketball games, playing card games, playing in the yard (we've done a lot of playing) and other fun stuff. CO is beautiful! I love it here... but I also love Riley and Jace.

So, as a surprise I took them, and Jace's friend Ben, to see a play based on the book "How I became a Pirate!" They loved it and I loved it too! Such a cute production and the perfect length of time for them - one hour. On our way out we got pictures... this one is the boys with "Jeremy" the main character who's the boy in the book and wants to become a real pirate!
 Then, this one if Riley and Ben with Max, one of the pirates! 
It was awesome!
I love life in Fort Collins. It's not as rushed as DC or the east coast... and the scenery with the lakes, the mountains and everything else is breathtaking! It's been semi-warm too so we walk to and from school and play outside a lot in February! Love it!!!

It's been an exciting few weeks filled with lots of joys in watching and being a part of the lives of children!

No comments: