Saturday, November 6, 2010

Alaska Part 3

Thursday - Glacier Bay, Alaska

Now, I don't think Glacier Bay is an actual name of a town, but it's the area we toured on Thursday without having to get off the ship.

It was such a beautiful day!! The sun was shining and the temperatures were relatively warm considering how far up to the north we were. Early in the morning one of the National Park Rangers came on board. She reached our ship by a "skiver"? I know that's not how you spell it, but I have no idea what how to spell it. It's a small boat that somehow came up to our huge cruise ship and somehow they lifted her up to get on board. I would have loved to have seen that!

Anyway, it was such a treat because all day long while were were within sight of Glacier Bay and sailing around it, she was talking over the loud speaker telling us facts about it, pointing out interesting things, etc. It was so nice to see it in it's beauty in the sunlight, but then to learn all about it!

We didn't get off the ship at all on Thursday. I spent most of the day on deck watching for whales (which I saw!!) and looking at the beauty of the glaciers. My mom and I also attended a few fun things they had (classes, etc) and just enjoyed yet another day on board soaking in the sun!











It was bright in the sunshine!!
But, so pretty!!

No comments: