Saturday, January 7, 2012

What is happening to me?! Something must be VERY wrong!

On Friday, I had a stressful day at work. 
I was tired and worn out. 

And, all I wanted to do was go home and 

Cook??!!!!

I thought it would help relieve some of my stress.
So, yes. That is how I spent my Friday evening.  

What's up with that?! I'm famous for not making anything except if it can be quickly done in the microwave. I've always detested cooking. I just never really had the patience for it (all that measuring, stirring, etc., and thought it was just too time consuming, especially for only one person eating it. 

But, since I've been in my new apartment, I've started to invite people over for dinner and I have embraced a little bit of cooking! I still don't make anything extravagant, but I have been impressed with a few of the things I have made!

So, I found a few recipes I wanted to try and went to work. Usually I get most of my recipes online from allrecipes.com, but I found a new website seems to have more simplified ones. It's called sparkrecipies... and most of them are healthy too! 

The cooking was fun and did help relieve some of my stress! 

Well, this first recipe I found a few months ago and love it, so I make it about once a month (or more!) I love cornbread in general, but this recipe uses biscuit baking mix so it's moist and just tastes yummy! 

Then, I've been on a pumpkin kick recently and found a few other recipes I wanted to try in the near future, but I was curious about this recipe and wanted to try it. It's a crustless (or self making crust)... and since I don't like regular pie crust anyway, I just had to try it! It worked!


Then, I also used my crockpot and made this recipe. Another spark recipe. I didn't take a picture, but I give it 4.5 stars and will definitely make it again!

Gosh, I don't know whats happening to me, but my fridge is full! Everything was made pretty quick too... which I loved!


No comments: