Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Reasons why...

Life has been busy, but good!!! (at least for the past week)

Reason #1: Bekah got married!!

I wish everyone from our BYU days had been able to come for the wedding, but jobs, finances, and family obligations can sometimes get in the way. Totally understand. But, we sure will have one great reunion at some point!

Jen, Tami and Emmy were able to come though and it was SO great to see them! I haven't seen Jen in about ten years! We were able to attend the sealing in the DC temple. This was my 2nd sealing to be a part of and it was beautiful. I was able to take more of it in this time around since it wasn't a family member getting married and I kind of new what to do/expect this time around. It was just wonderful! 

Afterwards we went outside to wait for them to come out and we were able to snag a few pictures before it started POURING. The weather has been so crazy lately, but I guess that's what you get for a hot and humid DC summer!

 Fun to catch up with these girls though. Then, her reception at night was out at Meadowlark Gardens (ironically the name of the street I grew up on!) It was a beautiful place and the sun was finally out as most of the storms had passed. She had a beautiful sit-down dinner and dancing reception. Tami's husband and kids came as well as Emmy's husband. Great group!

 My arm looks gigantic in this picture. Very disproportionate! I think I grew a 2nd arm attached to my original one while the picture was being taken :)

Anyway - so happy for Bekah and Steve!!

Reason #2: I moved!!! 
But only 3 doors down (literally). A huge hassle, yes. But good in many ways b/c I took the time to go through and throw out a lot and it's nice starting over with a new layout in my apartment and new carpets, etc. I also got a balcony with my new place! WAHOO! If it wasn't so humid out I would use it more often, but I did buy two chairs for it :)

BUT, that also meant I had to take down and re-install my fan. NO EASY task. Peter and Kevin actually took it down. Then, Kevin and I worked for two hours (mostly Kevin) on Sat and had no luck with it (well, we got everything but the electrical part!). Tuesday I came home from work and was determined to get it working. A few phone calls to Justin and another 2 hours later and it worked!!

I felt like I was on top of the world
b/c I was smart enough to figure it out!

But Thursday came and it stopped working! Another two hours later I discover one of the electrical parts had come loose. I was SO done with installing the fan I did the bare minimum to put it back up the last time so it's missing it's outer casing. I could care less. 

Who looks up at the ceiling anyway?!
This picture has the casing.
This picture was taken Tuesday when I spoke of my success too soon :)

It's up and working. I have pictures on my walls. Most of the boxes unpacked. Starting to feel like home. But it was a major stress and I really felt that on my body! I was glad to have some of last week off to recover and get settled. 

Reason #3 & 4 - Not one - 
BUT TWO NATS games with David's tickets!

Awesome, right?!! This is the only way to watch baseball! Wed night July 3rd I went with Miriam, Kevin, and Brian. Very fun group!! And, the food was yummy as always. There was a nice breeze and the sun went down while we were there, but it was still nice and humid! 

I loved being this close and getting such great pictures. Seriously - 4 rows back from the NATS dugout! Here's Bryce Harper and another guy (maybe Zimmerman) with beards. What is it with the beards?! Maybe they're in "fashion" but I don't like facial hair on men no matter who they are! And, it's gotta make them even hotter as they stand out there in the blazing heat in their pants and polyester uniforms! Sweat must be pouring from them!
The game was good even though we lost :(  BUT afterwards we were surprised to find out there were fireworks!!! Wahoo! They were right behind where we were sitting so we just walked on up the stairs and out the gate!
Happy 4th of July!!!

And then I returned 12 hours later :) This time with Cortne, Scott and Cortne's friend Jeremiah (who was a major fan of the Brewers (Nats opponent that day!)


I lasted two innings outside in the blazing sun and stayed to watch Neil Diamond sing his new song (thinking he would go to the field to sing). But no, he didn't want to be in the sun either so we could only see him on the jumbotron thingy. Disappointing!! But, cool that he was at least there. After he sang, we went up to the Diamond Club, ate quite a bit and watched the game in AC from the windows and TVs. Scott also ran in to some co-workers so they joined us at our table and we had a very fun time! I didn't stay for the whole game... I was baseballed out and had no desire to go sit in the sun again. My pool was calling my name!
This picture above is the view from the Diamond Club. Still a great view!
I love this panoramic shot that I took!
My Iphone camera is quite nifty!

The rest of my 4th and the weekend was fun and relaxing... movie and pool time with friends a few times (the pool that is), little more unpacking and organizing, a mani/pedi, temple trip, and FINALLY, FINALLY got through all the pictures from our ancestors and my younger years. 

Reason #5: Pictures mailed off for digitalizing!!

Mailed them off yesterday!! So excited for that. It's been a work in process for the past 9 months and many, many, many hours put in to it! Finally out of my hands!!!

No comments: