Saturday, March 21, 2009

I'm DONE, I'm DONE, I'm DONE... and I WON, I WON, I WON!

I like hearing those words: I'm DONE AND I WON!

So, what am "I done?!" Well, yesterday I took the last 3 tests for my certification. It was 4 hours in the testing center, but I know I passed at least two of them (and did pretty well!) It was such a great feeling to walk out of the testing center, and then stop by the library to turn in my practice books. NO MORE. No more vocab, no more formulas, no more STUPID grammar rules that have 1,000 exceptions!

I HAVE MY LIFE BACK!

What will I do to fill my time now? I can come out of my hole... just like the groundhog, right? It's been about 6 weeks or so since he did/didn't see his shadow. Maybe he was just predicting when I would be free again because he sure isn't predicting when spring's coming. (It's going to be 34 degrees for a high on Monday... yet spring officially started last week!)

I'll take suggestions on what you think I should do with my time now... even more so now that Juliette, David and the kids move to DC on Tuesday. I can't even imagine life in Boston without them... but I won't have to imagine it soon since I'll be LIVING it come Wednesday.


Oh - the I WON part!!

Friday night (when I was so tempted to study) I decided to deserved a break and went to my friends jewelry party! I've never been to one before, but I've been to kitchen gadget parties, etc. I like jewelry... and I missed seeing my friends since I've been in my hole the past few weeks. When I got there we were waiting for others before beginning the silly games, so I started browsing the jewelry. I fell in love with this one piece that was way off to the side that seemed to go well with many different colors. Well, come to find out that it's a "retired" piece and only for those who book a show. Hmmm... that's not going to happen. Oh well, I thought.

So, we start playing the silly games and I WON the first one!! I never win these silly things! Well, she handed me a box with a necklace in it that was very pretty. But, then she asked me if I'd like to exchange it for the necklace I had fallen in love with? YES, OF COURSE!!! So, I got it for FREE! You can't beat that!


The pretty box it came in :)



Okay, the pictures don't do it justice. I am a terrible photographer! But, I love the bright colors and the way it **SPARKLES**

A FREE GIFT and MY LIFE back in one weekend. LOVE IT!

1 comment:

Maylene said...

Yeah! I'm so glad your tests are all done and you won a pretty necklace :) How fun!