Sunday, April 26, 2009

And, the decission is...


The picture might give it away, but if not... to keep the suspense, here is a hint as to where I am moving for the summer:

The city's
motto is "Justitia Omnibus" (meaning "Justice For All")

City Nicknames are: Capital Of Miserable Huts, City In A Forest, City Of A Thousand Thrills, Gas House Of The Nation, Mud Hole City, Second Rome, Grand Metropolis

Now, I think "Grand Metropolis, and 2nd Rome are a bit of a stretch... but I liked some of the other nicknames :)

DRUM ROLL, please.

WASHINGTON D.C.!!

I knew this was a likely possibility in Dec/Jan., but I told myself that I was not going to make any final decision until I spent time there over my April vacation (where all the public schools in MA close for one week). It didn't take long for me to decide after arriving there that Washington D.C. was the place for me from mid June to at least August. I have my summer employment lined up and I am excited to live in a different area for a while. I have a few friends already there, but I am very excited to make new friends and explore a new area during the long, warm, days of summer. My list has already started with places I want to visit and things I want to see! Who knows... maybe I'll even get to pet the Obama's new dog "Bo" :)

Picture is of the Cherry Blossom trees in DC!

No comments: