Friday, March 30, 2012

Goodbye Holland :(

 Oh - This month has been filled with change for me. It has also been filled with many tender mercies from the Lord and cherished time with family! 

I've known for many months now that Evan, Madison and Holland were moving to Boston I know, Boston of all places!) at the end of March. I just didn't want to think about it.

Well, the day has come and I said goodbye to them tonight (and yes, tears were shed on my part!), but I have been so fortunate to spend a bit of time with Holland over the past couple of weeks. She is a true joy! She is all smiles with her cute, chubby cheeks. She is one happy little baby. When I've taken her to do errands, she always gets the attention of the cashiers and others in the store. She has these pretty blue eyes and just radiates charm and cuteness!

Pictures don't do her smile justice because the flash scares her! But, I did catch her off guard once or twice.

 Sitting up is a new step for her!
 
 Look at those pretty, pretty eyes!
 Of course, smiling while being fed! 
She's one healthy baby!

 She radiates cuteness... just like her mom!
(Her shirt is wet b/c she likes to chomp on it!)

 Here's a smile! I love her so much! 
Fortunately Boston is only a short flight away!
But, she has stolen my heart :)
and I feel so blessed to have been able to live
by her these past 6 months of her life!

Things were a bit crazy last weekend at the funeral. But, I did get pictures of my two favorite nephews playing pick-up sticks! They were such troopers. There wasn't much for them to do all day, but they were so patient and creative! We ended the evening with dinner at the Cheesecake Factory... one of my favorite places and I was so happy to be there with both my brothers and their families!
 And, just a random picture, but on Monday I went to FHE at the Tidal Basin. The cherry blossoms were almost gone, but I was standing on the Jefferson Memorial and just wanted to take this picture. I feel like I am so fortunate to live in an area with so much history and beauty!
I do LOVE America!

No comments: