Thursday, April 11, 2013

Faith - NOT Fear

A friend recently passed on a blog to me with the following quotes from Max Lucado. Obviously, I don't follow him or am a member of his congregation :), but I really do love his quotes on faith/fear.

“Can you imagine a life with no fear? 
What if faith, not fear, was your default reaction to threats?”

“Feed your fears and your faith will starve. 
Feed your faith, and your fears will.”

“Faith is not the belief that God will do what you want. 
It is the belief that God will do what is right.”

So often, I let fear of the unknown, or fear of "what MIGHT happen" get in the way of me acting in faith and REALLY living life. I worry about things... about what might happen... what others might think of me... all these "MIGHTS".

But, recently I've also been following THIS blog. Mara is just awesome!! And, so is her husband, Danny, by the way. They are so insightful!! But, lately I feel like a lot of her posts have been about becoming who YOU are... not what someone else thinks you are. AND, finding your own happiness... becoming complete and whole on your own. I think this is so powerful. I don't want to be at the mercy of someone else's moods to determine my own moods/reactions... or to determine how much I am enjoying my life. I want to be ME!! And, I want to be the best ME possible.

I know this will come through study, prayer and having 
FAITH - NOT FEAR!!

No comments: