Saturday, March 22, 2008

Shoulds...


Speaking of "shoulds", (see post from earlier today) meaning what should be instead of what reality is, today SHOULD have been a day catching up on my coursework and other responsibilities. But, REALITY took over and I needed to deal with it! I was Burned out, with a capital B, from the daily routine of life and being responsible :) So, I took the day off and BOY did I have fun!

Today was cold in Boston, but sunny. It felt like a fall day. It was beautiful!! This morning I went over to a friends house. She had some family in town, so we spent the morning outside playing mini-golf in the backyard, raking leaves, and enjoying the sunshine. Then we went inside to dye Easter eggs with her kids and that was incredible. The stuff they have in stores these days to decorate eggs with is amazing. Tattoos, stickers, etc., and to see the excitement on the kids faces was priceless. Then we had a "practice" Easter egg hunt so the kids could work on their "looking skills". It was so funny to watch them look everywhere, but still miss eggs that were right in front of their faces. And, just to watch the excitement in their eyes. I wish I could still get excited over the little things like finding an Easter egg!

Then it was nap time. Not too warmly received by anyone under the age of ten, but for me it was essential. But, after nap was yet another treat. Here's a hint: "In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies." Ha!! Love that quote. Here's another one: There's a tiny person on that speck that needs my help! or... Sweetheart, you need to go to bed. Daddies having a breakdown.Even though you can't hear or see them at all. A person is a person, that is my code."

Yes, we went to see "Horton Hears a Who" and it was very good! Funny and some good, thought-provoking lines as well. Overall, my day was fabulous, but I think that 90% of it was because I spent it surrounded by children who are so filled with excitement and joy that it's hard not to catch the "bug" as well.

No comments: