Sunday, June 22, 2008

Can I just vent for a minute?

Last Thursday marked the end of the school year, and it went out with a bang! I walked in the building that day thinking I would attend a nice breakfast with co-workers and then spend an hour organizing my office and be out of there for the summer.

WOW - was I wrong! I did have a nice, but quick, breakfast with my co-workers, but then I had the "pleasure" of returning parent phone calls regarding their child's placement for next year. Oh my gosh!

So, I get it... I understand a parent's concern, but do they think that as teachers and educators we would purposefully set their child up for failure? I THINK NOT! If they only knew how many hours, PAINFULLY long hours, went into creating class lists, they wouldn't even think to place a phone call to me in despair or anger.

Needless to say, I spent the entire day easing concerns and left in a rush to get home in time for my commitment that evening... and still had a few emails left to send later that night.

I love my job. Love it!! I really do... but days like these I could do without. And, what a way to end my first year. I did it though.

I

DID

IT

I SURVIVED :) AND, I am quite proud of it!!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I can sense your frustration...
Ok, I am so glad I have you and my sister and other friends who have worked in the public school system with all its craziness. I am determined not to be one of "those" parents when my kids get in school!

Tami H. said...

sounds grueling! Do you have the summers off? That would be amazing.