Sunday, June 15, 2008

Love them... just love them!!!

Today I had the best afternoon!! I was able to spend some time with my two uncles (Peter and Don), two cousins (Matthew and Danny) and my grandfather for Father's Day. :) FABULOUS!

To be honest, my expectations for this gathering were pretty low. I usually feel like I need my mom or brothers at these gatherings to make more fun for everyone when I'm there as well. One of my uncles is VERY well read and educated, and (although he has NEVER said or indicated this) I feel like I am not able to keep up a conversation with him that would be at his "level" or enjoyable for him. My other uncle is pretty down to earth, funny (and more common folk for my liking!) but growing up his two sons were seven and nine years younger than me so there was always a huge age gap between us and our developmental stages when we were growing up. We never had too much in common at family gatherings... until recently. His youngest son is a junior in college and the other one just graduated from high school.

AND, to top it all off, I GOT TO RIDE THE T INTO THE CITY AND OUT AGAIN FOR FREE. CAN'T BEAT THAT! (Did anyone else in Boston know that the commuter rail is free from Porter Square to North Station?? I just found out yesterday... and it's almost been five years living in this city!)

I don't know what it is exactly, but I feel like we're on more of an even playing field now and have things/experiences in common. On top of that, they're hilarious. It was such a fun afternoon. I didn't want it to end. I am so fortunate to have family living close by in Boston... and especially to spend the special day with my grandfather!!

No comments: